SPEAR – Secure and PrivatE smArt gRid
- Post by: admin
- March 7, 2021
- Comments off
As our society is becoming increasingly dependent on Critical Infrastructures (CIN), new technologies are needed to increase our detection and response capabilities. SPEAR’s main objective is to secure smart grids against cyber-attacks, as it is of vital importance for National Security and Public Safety, since the collapse of an energy production utility may cause human lives, millions of euros, denial of a very important and common good such as energy and days or even months of recovering.
The SPEAR (Secure and PrivatE smArt gRid) is a research program, funded by the Horizon 2020 framework programme of the European Union and it aims at developing an integrated platform of methods, processes, and tools for:
- timely detecting evolved security attacks using big data analytics, advanced visual-aided anomaly detection tools, and smart node trust management schemes;
- developing an advanced forensic readiness framework for collecting attack traces and preparing the necessary legal evidence in court, while preserving user private information;
- implementing an anonymous smart grid channel for mitigating the lack of trust in exchanging sensitive information about cyberattack incidents;
- performing risk analysis and awareness through cyber hygiene frameworks, while empowering EU-wide consensus, by collaborating with European and global security organizations, standardization bodies, industrial groups and smart grid operators;
- exploiting the research outcomes to more critical infrastructure domains, while creating competitive business models for utilizing the implemented security tools in smart grid operators and actors across Europe.
Project no. 787011
Type of project: Research and Innovation Action
Call identifier: H2020-DS-2016-2017 (Digital Security Focus Area)
Topic: DS-07-2017- : Cybersecurity PPP: Addressing Advanced Cyber Security Threats and Threat Actors
Duration: 1 May 2018 to 30 April 2021 (36 months)