…As you set out for Ithaca hope your road is a long one,
... Σα βγεις στον πηγαιμό για την Ιθάκη, να εύχεσαι να ναι μακρύς ο δρόμος, γεμάτος περιπέτειες, γεμάτος γνώσεις...
ITHACA: Internet of THings & AppliCAtions Lab was established in 2020 (ΦΕΚ τ.Β’1795_11-5-2020) as a research and teaching lab of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Western Macedonia, Kozani, Greece.
In ITHACA we are working on the Internet of Things (IoT), by giving emphasis to IoT applications and services such as precious agriculture, smart grid, sensor networks, telecommunication networks and healthcare applications, smart cities and buildings together with cutting-edge tools and concepts such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, cybersecurity and privacy, blockchain, 5/6G networks, and edge computing.
ITHACA composes of several research units and topics:
- Development of IoT applications and services;
- Cybersecurity and privacy tools and services for IoT ecosystem;
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) / drone applications and services;
- Advanced tools and services for precious agriculture and smart farming;
- Algorithms, tools, and services for smart grid and electrical and power systems;
- IoT routing protocols;
- Monitoring and Decision-making Applications for smart environments (home, city, vehicle, and transportation);
- IoT-oriented (optical and wireless) telecomunnication networks;
- IoT interoperability solutions;
- IoT authentication and identification;